Hello! I hope you are all doing well today. 🙂
My reading week officially began Wednesday and I basically spent the day sleeping. Thursday, I spent the day writing in airports, and on two different planes (I have a layover in Chicago). I left my house at 7.30 am and I arrived in Tampa Bay at 6.10 pm. Therefore, I had plenty of time to write and study! I wanted to write a little recap of the last months of training (I’ll post this one up tomorrow morning!) and what’s in my backpack (today’s post!).
I only had a carry-on bag and I’m leaving for a total of 6 days so I had to choose what to bring with me wisely!
First thing first, here are my race day essentials (as you might have seen on my Instagram account.
- Garmin Forerunner 220 GPS watch; I’ve had this watch for almost 4 years now and it still works as new. I love this watch, it’s the most useful running gear that I ever had.
- Jaybird Bluetooth earphones; No wires and they are small enough to fit in my pockets if I just want to run without music. PLUS, the customer service is amazing. My Jaybird X2 stopped working properly and in two weeks I received new Jaybird freedom at no cost! I am very grateful for their warranty.
- Rekarb gels; these are the only gels I can take while running. It’s only maple syrup and salt (#Canadian products haha).
- Brooks Launch 3; I was kind of terrified I would forget my shoes somehow.
- Lululemon run shorts; they’re my favorite shorts ever. I’ve had them for like, 5 years or so… Might be time to buy new ones, but they still fit!
- ASICS socks; the only socks that prevent blisters (for me). I’ve tried pretty much every kind of socks on the market and they are my all-time favorite.
- Running bras; don’t forget your usual underwear because NOTHING new on race day. Chafing is real!!!
- Water bottle; I brought an empty water bottle with me at the airport and filled it at a starbucks while buying my coffee.
- Body glide; it works like a charm to prevent blisters and chafing!
- My action camera and selfie stick; I don’t know how I will use it yet but I would love to make a vlog while in Florida. I have no idea how this will turn out but I will try!
Of course, don’t forget to bring:
- Your passport
- Your health care assurance or card (you never know). I always bring my health card on me while running a race.
- Your bib number
- Your flight information if you take the plane;)
- Your laptop, ipad, iphone, kindle or whatever keeps you entertained!
- A water bottle! You can fill it up in the airport :)!
Did I forget anything?
Did you ever run an international race? (I ran a 5k in Florida in 2015 but never a longer race)
What is your favorite running gear?